The purpose of this position is to assist the H-E Parts Dom-Ex team with the delivery, receiving of parts, moving parts, and putting parts into inventory system. The main responsibility will be to take instructions from the warehouse manager, sales staff and service group to pull orders, unload trucks, inventory incoming components, organize and keep areas outside warehouse (Hill Shop) up to date. This position will also disassemble off highway equipment and components.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Secure loads to prevent damage and comply with DOT regulations.
- Help Co-workers with projects and tasks and comprehend instructions while working in the parts yard and warehouse.
- Assist with crane/boom truck rigging jobs as requested.
- Assist or perform maintenance on shop equipment or vehicles.
- Move components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists and pallet jacks, forklifts, boom truck etc.
- Build crates and pallets to protect parts and components for orders and stock.
- Document time spent driving and working on other task’s daily.
- Communicate and relay pertinent information and concerns in a timely manner.
- Move components by operating forklifts, boom trucks, and overhead cranes.
- Be observant and take quick action to correct possible issues.
- Navigate a computer inventory system and print reports and sales orders as needed.
- Load and Unload trucks and receive & receipt parts from inventory.
- Package UPS and truck shipments to minimize the risk of loss and damage during transit.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Two years’ vocational school in mechanical or maintenance field preferred.
- At least 3 years mechanical work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in heavy equipment repair and/or mechanical aptitude required.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver license required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.