|Category||Engineering & Science|
|Job type||Full Time|
The primary purpose of this position is to rebuild, inspect, process major components for off highway equipment including but not limited to rear wheel groups, front corner groups, transmissions, torque converters and differentials. The secondary purpose of this role would be to assist in the disassembly and/or assembly of equipment in the field or shop.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
· Disassemble, clean, inspect, rebuild and check components for quality control.
· Check tolerance, dimensions and specifications by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside micrometers, spring gauges (inside/outside), telescoping gauges, etc.
· Determines components specifications (tolerances, thickness, lengths, etc.) by measuring tolerance and comparing to blueprints, drawings, component identifications and parts breakdown, etc.
· Inspect torn-down components to identify defects and flaws
· List and identify action items that need to be taken.
· Summarize specific steps that need to be performed to rebuild the product.
· Move components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists and pallet jacks, forklifts, boom truck etc.
· Assemble components by using specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, etc.
· Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e. parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris
· Establish clearances, torque values, lengths, etc. by performing mathematical calculations
· Ensure precision equipment is maintained by following scheduled maintenance plan, keeping tools clean, calibrating and placing in secure locations
· Must maintain a good attendance record and maintain the highest professional conduct.
· Assist with crane/boom truck rigging jobs as requested.
· Assist or perform maintenance on shop equipment or vehicles.
· Perform more duties as assigned by shop supervisor or crew leader.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
2. At least two years’ vocational school in mechanical or maintenance field required.
3. At least 3 years mechanical work experience preferred.
4. Previous experience in heavy equipment repair; mechanical aptitude, and basic understanding of precision measuring tools required.
5. Will be required to read and interpret blueprints.
6. Ability to lift up to 50# is required.
7. Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing..
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, feel with their hands, reach and handle materials weighing up to 10 pounds. The employee will frequently need to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, walk and handle materials weighing 10-20 pounds. On occasion the employee will need to handle materials weighing 20-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is also frequently exposed to sharp and abrasive edges which may result in scrapes, cuts and bruises. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.