The Quality Control Inspector position conducts origination inspection of incoming parts and supplies used for manufacture of products. The purpose of this position is to perform repetitive, inspection of manufactured parts using standardized methods and procedures.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to HEPI policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Utilize your best effort to service H-E Parts Mining’s customers by performing inspection or inspection of parts in the production areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks, records, and communicates dimensions and finishes against drawings or work order specifications.
- Coordinates or performs light finishing operations to correct rejected parts.
- Coordinates or performs in process inspections or inspection of parts in the production areas.
- Visually inspects or checks parts using a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e. parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris
- Ensures precision equipment is maintained by following scheduled maintenance plans, keeping tools clean, within calibration and maintaining them in their secure locations.
- Perform more duties as assigned.
Position will be required to make decisions that will directly impact quality of products.
- Department managers
- Current/potential customers
- Production Personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency MS Office Suite (*MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Internet
- Ability to coordinate calibration and maintenance of measuring equipment. Must have an educational background in mathematics, algebra, and geometry.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Bachelor’s Degree on related field.
- Experience in the mining and/or industrial sector.
- Previous experience in a job shop or production machine shop is a plus.
- Experience using ERP software.
- Proficient at checking geometry and finishes against drawings or work order specifications and recording results and communicating results using Excel and other programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, feel with their hands, reach and handle materials weighing up to 10 pounds. The employee will frequently need to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, walk and handle materials weighing 10-20 pounds. On occasion the employee will need to handle materials weighing 20-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is also frequently exposed to sharp and abrasive edges which may result in scrapes, cuts and bruises. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.