The purpose of this position is to Perform various types of crankshaft machining operations using various types of machining equipment to inspect and recondition crankshafts.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to HEPI policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the HEPI operational procedures and can operate all Crankshaft grinder operational equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read and calculate dimensional sizes tolerances, surface finishes, etc. using the appropriate instruments and tooling.
- Operate various types of complementary equipment and tooling, drill press, acetylene torch, bolt torque and tensioning tooling etc.
- Use various types of intricate measuring tools including indicators, micrometers, depth/height gauges, calipers, etc.
- Produce a quality product (within design specifications) in an efficient manner.
- Ability to recognize throughout the machining process if part is defective of within design specifications.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to design specifications.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe workstation.
- Maintain accurate processing records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Can perform job duties wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), gloves, hearing protection and footwear.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
- Departments managers
- Current and potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent machining experience with strong math skills with the ability to read, comprehend and write product completion inspection reports.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. and seek assistance when required to adhere to company lifting procedures.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- A two-year Associate Degree from a technical/trade school is preferred. Training is available.
- At least two (2) years of previous heavy manufacturing machining experience is preferred
- Set up, operate & perform basic maintenance on machines.
- Ability to set and manage priorities and maintain accurate and detailed records
- Experience in the mining and/or industrial sector.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, feel with their hands, reach and handle materials weighing up to 10 pounds. The employee will frequently need to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, walk and handle materials weighing 10-20 pounds. On occasion the employee will need to handle materials weighing 20-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is also frequently exposed to sharp and abrasive edges which may result in scrapes, cuts, and bruises. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.