Perform accurate data entry in an efficient and effective manner to ensure invoices from our supporting vendors and suppliers are recorded properly and proper payments are issued and ensure proper invoicing to our customers and collection of payments thereof for internal and external financial reporting purposes.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to HEPI policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the global system of Accounting policies and accurately and efficiently post transaction information to journals, ledgers, and other records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately and efficiently prepare invoices. Review and correct vendor invoice errors, timely, if necessary.
- Code transactions to proper GL codes.
- Review report of purchase orders received without invoices frequently to ensure timely payment to suppliers and vendors.
- Prepare weekly payment registers as well as prepare supporting documents for electronic transfer payments and/or wire transfers.
- Review landed freight costs for reasonableness as well as inclusion into the manufactured cost of goods where applicable.
- Follow established procedures for processing payment receipts for multiple entities.
- Monitor customer account activity for aging invoices. Follow and perform company’s collection process including, but not limited to, making collection calls.
- Process credit card payments through web-site portal, if necessary.
- Prepare and send monthly customer statements.
- Effectively communicate with vendors, suppliers, customers, as well as internal co-workers, via phone, email, or mail.
- Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable accounts.
- Establish, maintain, and administer vendor and customer master file accounts according to company’s policy.
- Assist with month-end closing to include reconciling intercompany transactions, maintaining schedules of intercompany purchases, etc.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in an efficient and organized manner, ensuring filing of information, electronically or in hard copy form, is complete.
- Assist accounting department in the preparation of accounting information required for external audits.
- External vendors and customers
- Internal collaboration with department managers
- Colleagues in other divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year Accounting program graduate
- A minimum of 3 years of recent accounts payable/receivable experience.
- Microsoft Office skills- Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and accounting software
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees, management and build rapport with internal and external customers.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of Pronto ERP System
- Familiarity with manufacturing or remanufacturing environment highly desirable.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job. While performing the responsibilities of the Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee will move throughout the office and reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time - up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
The work environment is primarily that of an office environment and the employee is expected to dress in attire and appearance appropriate to represent the company image; however, the following characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter if the employee ventures into the shop environment while performing the functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees).
All HEPI employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by HEPI. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for HEPI. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by HEPI, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.