Integral part of the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Assist in budget and forecast process.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to HEPI policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the global system of Accounting policies and partner with division management team to help drive the business forward (KPI monitoring, cost cutting measures, inventory management, etc.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and prioritize capital expenditure requests.
- Interact with Division Controller on a regular basis.
- Manage, train, and develop local accounting team consisting of AR and AP Specialists.
- Lead month-end and year-end closing process.
- Automate manual processes and/or streamline where possible.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Implement and monitor system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Maintain inventory costing.
- Evaluate adequacy of inventory, warranty and bad debt reserves.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of significant general ledger accounts.
- Perform accrual calculations for projects (WIP), sales commissions, utilities, T&E, etc., as necessary.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly and that credit risk is managed appropriately.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Review and/or daily/monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain the chart of accounts consistent with global ERP system.
- Issue timely, complete, and accurate financial statements.
- Calculate and report financial and operating metrics.
- Assist with the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports in an ERP environment.
- Provide financial analyses, including, but not limited to project (WIP) performance.
- Provide written monthly commentary on financial results.
- Assist with the provision of information to external and internal auditors.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Provide information for the annual business insurance renewal, as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal network, and participating in professional societies.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Department managers
- Colleagues in other divisions
- Current/potential customers
- Future/existing suppliers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year Accounting degree
- Five+ years of full cycle accounting experience, including minimum of two years of supervisory responsibility.
- Microsoft Office skills- Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and accounting software
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees, management and build rapport with internal and external customers.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Supervision of AR & AP Departments highly desirable.
- Experience in a manufacturing or remanufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Strong technical accounting skills in US GAAP, with a basic understanding of IFRS highly desirable.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Accounting Manager. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job. While performing the responsibilities of the Accounting Manager., the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is to move throughout the office and reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time - up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
The work environment is primarily that of an office environment and the employee is expected to dress in attire and appearance appropriate to represent the company image; however, the following characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter if the employee ventures into the shop environment while performing the functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees).
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.