Manufacturing Mechanical Equipment Technician work focuses on devising, fabricating, installing, calibrating, testing, and repairing mechanical equipment and systems involving the movement of physical components including: •Assisting mechanical engineers with developing technical solutions related to the operation and performance of mechanical devices and systems •Installing, calibrating, repairing, and upgrading components of mechanical manufacturing devices and systems •Devising, fabricating, and assembling new or modified mechanical components for manufacturing machinery and equipment •Conducting quality assurance/control tests and procedures An Experienced Para-Professional (S2) requires basic knowledge of job procedures and tools obtained through work experience and may require vocational or technical education. May require the following proficiency: • Works under moderate supervision. • Problems are typically of a routine nature, but may at times require interpretation or deviation from standard procedures. Communicates information that requires some explanation or interpretation.
The purpose of this position is to safely dismantle, rebuild and repair components and products whilst maintaining the highest quality finish to accepted industry standards.
This is a hands-on role to produce high quality work in acceptable time frames.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner whilst adhering to HEPICS SH&E policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the HEPICS Quality Assurance system and that all documentation under your control conforms to HEPICS Quality and Management Systems.
- Familiarisation with all available job-related information (scopes of work, maintenance manuals, assembly instructions, parts lists etc).
- Disassemble and rebuild items in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Record disassembly and assembly information as required or as detailed in scopes of work/job routes.
- Supply relevant information to enable the Project Managers to provide a costing for the customer
- Develop and ensure adherence to HEPICS standards and practices.
- Travel to customer site and perform repair work as necessary
- Compliance with company/customer OHS requirements during visits to site.
- Ensure special processes are carried out to specification
- Notify supervisor of any nonconformance
This position will be required to discuss work related choices with the Workshop Supervisor or delegate regarding decisions that will directly impact the department.
- Workshop Supervisor
- East Coast Service Manager
- Project Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Workshop team
- Operational Managers
- Employees or internal customers
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Trade Qualification and experience working in manufacturing environment or mining related industry
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar heavy manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to read detailed drawings
- Crusher and Wear product experience
- High risk wok licenses – LF, DG
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS PREFFERED:
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role, ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Commitment to safety and knowledge of safety concepts.
- Commitment to quality and the concepts of continuous improvement.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work unsupervised.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment.