Warehouse Shipping & Receiving includes:
•Receiving/inspecting goods and verifying items against the shipment record •Gathering, verifying, and packing items for shipment according to specifications and the applicable transportation method
We are looking for a suitably qualified Supervisor to run the Warehouse in Naval Base. The applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to safety, quality and evidence of a solid work ethic.
To be considered for this role applicants must have Supervisor experience and a commitment to servicing our internal customers.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Provide training and mentoring to all warehouse employees to ensure they are learning on the job.
- Ensure sufficient manpower and resources are available to meet work requirements.
- Conduct morning pre start meetings to cover all daily issues including; safety, job requirements, communication etc.
- Participate in work area inspections using the HEPICS audit protocol and ensure reports are completed post audit.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with warehouse personnel.
- Maintain compliance and continually improve the way we do things.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal customers.
What we Require of you:
- Qualifications in Warehouse Management/Logistics or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ warehouse experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor.
- LF, CN, DG, EWP, HR licences/tickets.
- Exposure to and demonstrated understanding of the complexities of managing a mixed mode manufacturing and service business.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and environmental management.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy with ability to use the following packages:
- Pronto ERP system
- Microsoft office suite (outlook, word, excel, powerpoint)
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.