Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Reports to the Production Manager and interacts with Technicians, Sales and Management at all levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE, adhering to company and customer safety policies and alerting others regarding potential safety concerns.
- Accurately count, sort and place incoming materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to company operating standards & procedures. Should be able to open bales, crates and other containers
- Assists and supports in preparing orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Moves inventory as instructed by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse, coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Issue and return parts to jobs in the ERP system and delivering them to the floor, in an accurate and timely manner, as defined by the SOP.
- Ensure orders receive the appropriate level of attention & urgency.
- Manage workload to avoid backlogs – all orders completed within 24 hrs.
- Communicate immediately if delays are imminent.
- Organize inventory in and out of the warehouse, for orderliness, at all times. Recommend improvements where necessary.
- Maintain inventory by conducting and assisting with physical counts as required. Responsible to assist with reconciling variances as required.
- Assist in updating status of inbound and outbound orders in ERP system accurately and in a timely manner, as per SOP.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise if required.
- Must be able to fill in for shipper/receiver, if required.
- Housekeeping – Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, floor, yard, pallet area, and workstations neat.
- Perform daily inspections of forklifts, manage propane and fuel contract for forklifts and ensures that forklifts receive basic maintenance as required.
Position will be required to make decisions that will directly impact the warehouse area and will be expected to maintain positive working relationships with both staff, vendors and customers.
Position requires collaboration with department managers, suppliers, customers and employees.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Intermediate knowledge and use of Microsoft computer applications and other comparable systems required.
- Proven inventory management skills in Pronto or similar business systems.
- Proven English Language skills in written and verbal communications
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Must be a self-starter and able to work effectively with and without direct supervision
- Consistent attendance is a requirement
- Ability to consistently & accurately follow detailed work-instructions
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 2 years of shipping/receiving, warehousing or parts experience
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English)
- Competent in safe operation of 3,000lb to 40,000lb forklifts both indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to work flexible hours including O.T. on-call, and shift work.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting. Some outside work required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements as required