The Field Service Technician will safely perform maintenance on H-E Parts International components at customer sites, perform maintenance on customer’s equipment fleets, perform daily work place and equipment inspections. This employee will be responsible for reporting in writing a detail of work activities at the completion of every job. Other duties as assigned.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Adhere to all customer location and local policies.
- MSHA- maintain part 48 training and customer sites access trainings.
- Travel to various job sites.
- Disassemble, inspect, clean and reassemble mining equipment components
- Follow specifications and procedures in service manuals.
- Use all test and diagnostic equipment available.
- Perform minor welding and fabrication.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Assist in ordering parts.
- Communicate job status, progress or problems to customers.
- Complete service reports.
- Work with customers at site to maintain equipment fleets and components
- Coordinate shipping / receiving with warehouse personnel for parts sales
- Initiate warranty claims
- Works with technical support (Engineers, draftspersons, Quality Control, etc.)
- Submit daily / weekly reports to management
- Post High School education in diesel technology or related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in related field.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner including the use of effective conflict resolution.
- Work independently and be a team player within the department and the organization.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and be a problem solver.
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple work assignments