A Machinist uses equipment such as grinders, milling machines, and lathes to produce precision metal parts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The specific position description of the employees function within the organisation gives a general indication of the duties to be performed, however, the duties are not be considered restrictive and are not be limited to those listed.
Position will be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Managers and Supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must be trade qualified with 5 to 8 years’ experience
Introduction to Intermediate Computer skills
Understanding of Safe Operating Procedures
Ability to work with or without supervision
Ability to problem solve