This Customer Service Rep will be responsible for customer service contacts with international and domestic companies to ensure delivery of excellent customer service. The position exists to assist our customers with prompt and accurate support and information that they need in order to purchase from our company. This position is responsible for driving increased sales by developing strong relationships with global customers through conducting outbound communications (phone calls, e-mail, etc.). The position will work closely with Production, Supply Chain, and Field Sales to develop effective communication tools highlighting the value of H-E Parts Mining product offering. When required, Inside Sales will provide after-hour coverage of customer service calls to ensure H-E Parts International maintains excellence in service levels.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Conduct outbound communications with global customers offering and educating customers on product value and functionality.
- Provides support to customers and representatives via telephone, fax, or e-mail on a daily basis.
- Provide customer and billing reports as needed for accounting and management.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relationships with customers.
- Communicate with Field Sales, Production, and Supply Chain departments to enhance our effectiveness of achieving sales goals
- Processes customer orders through the order entry system verifying pricing, quantities, part numbers, and routing.
- Assists customers with product information including part numbers, pricing, and availability.
- Assists customers with emergency orders as well as orders and/or issues relating to special customer requirements.
- Takes personal responsibility to resolve customer complaints regarding deliveries, pricing, credits, and warranty issues.
- Follows through quickly and completely to ensure the external or internal customer is satisfied.
- Create and/or update accurate records of customer communication and transactions.
- Document and provide customer activity reports to management related to increased sales, customer issues, opportunities for growth, and customer needs
- Run appropriate sales reports and analyze information to drive sales and profitability
- Maintain privacy of customer account information.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
- Department managers
- Current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year Associate Degree or Commensurate Experience preferred
- 2-5 years’ professional customer service and inside sales experience
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner including the use of effective conflict resolution.
- Operate office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, copy machine, fax machine, and multi- line telephone.
- MS Office Suite (*MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Internet
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience in shipping logistics and requirements for exporting goods.
- Experience in the mining and/or industrial sector.
- Selling into the International market is preferred, but not essential.
- Work independently and be a team player within the department and the organization.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and be a problem solver.
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job. While performing the responsibilities of the CSR, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is to move throughout the office and reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time - up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is also frequently exposed to sharp and abrasive edges which may result in scrapes, cuts and bruises. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures