About the company
Allgo Engineering are a part of the HE Parts International group. We provide all machining services for Mining, Oil and Gas and a variety of other commercial customers. Over the last 30 years, we have built a reputation of a consistently high level of service. In addition, we regularly receive new work through recommendation from our satisfied customers, which we feel is a strong testament to the level of service we provide. Due to our growth and our recent purchase of a state-of-the-art workshop and new CNC Lathes and Milling machines, we are looking for new Machinist to join our team.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to control and manage the performance of the operations to ultimately provide high quality machined products at a competitive price using well accepted industry standard procedures and safety standards.
Through your positive leadership and direction, you will drive and encourage a culture of positive change, where your direct and indirect team are engaged to collectively deliver to our client and customers as one team.
Further, your responsibilities will see you:
- Be an advocate and drive the overall responsibility for the delivery of the highest standards in OHS compliance, operational efficiency / effectiveness, and excellence in customer service.
- Provide positive leadership and direction for all workplace operations and people, ensuring practical measures are taken to deliver best practice in performance.
- Develop teams and individuals through career paths, including supportive succession planning and development opportunities
- Oversee the efficient and effective provision of planned and reactive maintenance,
- Implementation of continuous improvement projects as well as the preparation of written reports and correspondence.
- Be responsible for the management of internal and external operational costs and ensuring that the key performance indicators are achieved or exceeded.
- Be accountable for the overall safety, quality of service, team performance and culture.
To be successful in these positions you will need:
- Trade Qualification or minimum of 10 years’ experience in a machining/manufacturing environment.
- Business Acumen – ability to manage a department P&L, budget and look for cost effective alternatives.
- Keep track of and regularly report on KPI’s.
- Exposure to and demonstrated understanding of the complexities of managing a mixed mode manufacturing and service business.
- Established network of relevant sub-contractors and vendors.
- Previous experience in stock management and pricing strategies.
- Previous experience in running a workshop facility.
- High level of computer literacy with ability to use the following packages:
- Info Board
- Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Benefits and Culture:
- We care about your safety and have a “see you tomorrow” Motto.
- Fantastic facilities with equal to the most advanced machines in Western Australia.
- Suit someone who lives south of the river, close to our Naval Base location.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Free parking, mobile, laptop, corporate clothing and PPE supplied.
- Regular morning teas, staff sundowners, and social events for staff and families.
- A growing employee benefits offering as a Hitachi owned company.
- Easy access to online self-development courses and access to global mentors to assist your career development.
- We must be doing something right when the average length of service is 4 years. 15% of our employees have been with the company for 10 years or more!
If you are focused and aspire to grow your career and team, in a challenging and leading-edge environment, then you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply via the link including an up to date resume.
Phone screens will commence immediately.