In response to growth in our client base and changes within the department, we are seeking applications for the position of Supervisor to join our Site Services Team.
This role involves regular travel to site and the Supervisor must be available at short notice with the ability to work overtime.
- In conjunction with Project Manager, manage all repairs, commissioning, installation of equipment.
- Allocate jobs to appropriately qualified employees and maintain high standards of workmanship throughout the Division.
- Ensure that project timelines are maintained and provide regular updates to Project Managers on any expected delays or cost overruns.
- Maintain a regular maintenance and cleaning program for all equipment, machines and facilities.
- Provide engineering/mechanical expertise for quotations when required. Provide training and mentoring to all trade employees to ensure they are learning on the job.
- Ensure sufficient manpower and resources have been organised to meet work requirements.
- Conduct morning pre start meetings to cover all daily issues including; safety, job requirements, communication etc.
- Conduct regular work area inspections using the HEPICS audit protocol and ensure reports carry out the same.
- Manage and mentor the OSS team.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with OSS personnel.
- Maintain compliance and continually improve the way we do things.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Trade qualification – Mechanical Fitter.
- Minimum of 5 years’ specific crushing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor in a service/manufacturing environment preferably with mineral processing equipment.
- Exposure to and demonstrated understanding of the complexities of managing a mixed mode manufacturing and service business.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and environmental management.