The Store person / Trades Assistant is responsible for the receipt and dispatch of goods in a timely and accurate manner and for assisting the Fitters, Machinists and Welders in conducting repairs of mechanical equipment and parts and maintaining the workshop and associated equipment in a safe, clean and tidy condition.
H-E Parts International Mining Solutions Pty Ltd is seeking a motivated, organised and reliable individual to fill our Store Person role at our Regency Park Branch. Our aim is to provide the best customer service through an empowered, talented, and responsive team. We will provide a safe, productive, supportive workplace that attracts and retains the best employees.
H-E Parts International Mining Solutions is the leading independent supplier of replacement parts and components for haul trucks, electric shovels and hydraulic excavators to the mining industry.
About the role
- Receipt of incoming goods in an accurate and timely manner
- Packing and dispatch of goods in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordination of transport requirements
- Updating and maintenance of computerised inventory control system
- Coordination of stock takes
- Receipt of issue of goods from store inventory
- Ability to operate grinders, spray painting equipment and other tools and machinery as required in a safe manner
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, general correspondence and apply the knowledge of a reasonable person to carry out instructions;
- Basic numeracy skills, having the ability to use these skills with weight, volume and distance measurements;
- Developing knowledge of workshop procedures;
- Developing knowledge of the use and maintenance of workshop equipment;
- Developing knowledge of the operation of a plant;
- General knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare regulations; and
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
The specific position description of the employees function within the organisation gives a general indication of the duties to be performed, however, the duties are not be considered restrictive and are not be limited to those listed.
Qualifications & experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in similar role
- Computer skills – Intermediate
- Hands on person
- Previous mechanical experience;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn and develop;
- Current High-risk forklift Licnence;
- Knowledge of industrial radiators;
- Understanding of Safe Operating Procedures.
- Good organization skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills;
- Sound knowledge of Inventory Control;
- Data Entry Skills;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work in a "workshop" environment and develop knowledge of workshop procedures;
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Attention to detail, ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, general correspondence and apply the knowledge;
- On the job training specific to radiator and cooling package overhauling will be provided
- Current drivers’ licence
- Strong commitment to WHS policies and procedures is essential
- Willing to work overtime when required, however there is flexibility in rosters;
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision;
Rewards & Benefits
- Job Security and potential for advancement;
- Competitive wages including overtime penalty rates;
- Excellent working conditions.
- Internal training
If this role sounds like it would be a good fit for you H-E Parts would love to hear from you!