ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1
Partner with ATL Corporate management team to help drive the business forward Adhere & drive global system of accounting policies. Interact with Financial Reporting Manager, Corporate Controller and CFO on a regular basis
Perform month-end and year-end closing process for ATL Corporate Automate manual processes Maintain an orderly accounting filing system Implement and monitor system of controls over accounting transactions Evaluate adequacy of reserves and integrity of balance sheet & income statement Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of significant general ledger accounts Perform accrual calculations Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner Process and Review monthly bank reconciliations Support maintenance of the chart of accounts Assist in financial consolidations process. Support intercompany reconciliations, cash flow statement preparation. Assist with company wide financial reporting to parent company Hitachi Deliver audit deliverables in a timely, efficient and accurate manner Deliver data deliverables to tax consulting firm. Support treasury functions like wire creation, bank transfers, etc.
Issue timely, complete and accurate close results for ATL Corporate Deliver elements of Executive Reporting package Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management Provide financial analyses, as needed Provide written monthly commentary on financial results for ATL Corporate
Assist with the provision of information to external and internal auditors Comply with local, Provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Provide information for the annual business insurance renewal, as needed Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies Perform other duties, as assigned
Position requires collaboration with department managers, colleagues in other divisions, and current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four year accounting degree is required Three to five years accounting experience is expected One or more years corporate consolidations experience is a plus Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus Strong technical accounting skills in IFRS is a plus Ability to adjust to different circumstances and cope with job related pressures/stress Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Microsoft Office and accounting software) Experience with COGNOS is a plus
- Communication - the ability to provide information in a clear, understandable, and concise manner, and the capability to establish and build rapport with internal and external customers.
- Self-Motivation - possesses a drive to exceed goals, achieve success, and maintain enthusiasm with little or no supervision.
- Resilience - enjoys a challenge and is able to persevere with a positive attitude when faced with difficulties.
- Attention to detail - is careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity - is honest and ethical.
- Independence - displays self-dependence and initiative to get things done.
- Persistence - has determination in the face of obstacles and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and challenges.