Perform accurate data entry in an efficient and effective manner to ensure invoices from our supporting vendors and suppliers are recorded properly and proper payments are issued, and also ensure proper invoicing to our customers and collection of payments thereof for internal and external financial reporting purposes.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International (HEPI), employee to insure a safe work environment. All HEPI employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Accurately and efficiently process invoices by 3-way match (when purchase orders are used) or by straight- key after proper approval is obtained for non- inventory purchases. Code transactions to proper GL codes.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare invoices. Review and correct invoice errors, timely, if necessary.
- Review and verify vendor invoices and check requests.
- Post transaction information to journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Review report of purchase orders received without invoices frequently to ensure timely payment to suppliers and vendors.
- Prepare weekly payment registers as well as prepare supporting documents for electronic transfer payments and/or wire transfers.
- Review landed freight costs for reasonableness as well as inclusion into the manufactured cost of goods where applicable.
- Follow established procedures for processing payment receipts for multiple entities.
- Investigate and resolve vendor invoice discrepancies and queries.
- Monitor customer account activity for aging invoices. Follow and perform company’s collection process including, but not limited to, making collection calls.
- Process credit card payments through web-site portal, if necessary.
- Prepare and send monthly customer statements.
- Effectively communicate with vendors, suppliers, customers, as well as internal co-workers, via phone, email, or mail.
- Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable accounts.
- Establish, maintain, and administer vendor and customer master file accounts according to company’s policy.
- Assist with month-end closing to include reconciling intercompany transactions, maintaining schedules of intercompany purchases, etc.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in an efficient and organized manner, ensuring filing of information, electronically or in hard copy form, is complete.
- Assist accounting department in the preparation of accounting information required for external audits.
Position requires communication with external vendors and suppliers as well as internal collaboration with department managers and colleagues in other divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
2-year accounting program graduate, OR A minimum of 3 years of recent accounts payable/receivable experience as outlined in the Essential Functions and Responsibilities above. High School Diploma or Commensurate Education. Strong MS Word & Excel skills. Attention to detail and accuracy. Familiarity with multiple ERP systems highly desirable. Familiarity with remanufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Communication - the ability to provide information in a clear, understandable, and concise manner, and the capability to establish and build rapport with internal and external support personnel.
- Self-Motivation - possesses a drive to exceed goals, achieve success, and maintain enthusiasm with little or no supervision.
- Resilience - enjoys a challenge and is able to persevere with a positive attitude when faced with difficulties.
- Attention to detail - is careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity - is honest and ethical.
- Independence - displays self-dependence and initiative to get things done.
- Persistence - has determination in the face of obstacles and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability - is reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Leadership - has a willingness to lead by example and to set high standards of excellence.
- Professionalism - maintains composure and shows a consistent display of professionalism.
- Big picture focus – the ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Accuracy - meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Deadline driven - ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Adaptable - flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.