- Produce 3D models and 2D drawings for manufacture and assembly.
- Conduct failure analysis.
- Develop product, process and quality specifications.
- Measure sample components for reverse-engineering.
- Help to develop detailed instructions for the repair or maintenance of various products.
- Clearly communicate complex technical concepts.
- Liaise with various sales staff, tradespeople and suppliers.
- Provide technical support to other departments.
- Maintain compliance with relevant standards and systems, including ISO9001.
- Develop and protect the intellectual property of H-E Parts.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years’ experience.
- Possess a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Have demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Have good communication and organisational skills.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Be approachable, personable and have a willingness to learn.
- Be systematic, disciplined and good at detail work.
- Experience in mechanical design (e.g. FEA, pressure vessel design, thermal calculations, bolted joint calculations, welding, materials, assembly considerations, etc.).
- Practical / hands-on experience with mechanical items.
- Knowledge of Inventor and/or AutoCAD, and have a proficiency with 3D modelling & 2D drafting.
- Knowledge of current standards and codes, OH&S legislation and best practice.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and testing processes.
- Knowledge of mobile mining equipment, mining engines and/or heat exchangers.
- Knowledge of Pronto or other ERP systems.