· The purpose of this position is to generate 3D models, drawings and other relevant tasks as directed by the Engineering and Development Manager or delegate using best practice standards and policies set out by the Engineering Department.
· Conduct all activities in a safe manner whilst adhering to HEPICS SH&E policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
· Ensure adherence to the HEPICS Quality Assurance system and that all documentation under your control conforms to HEPICS Quality and Management Systems.
1. Reverse engineer crusher liners, spare parts or wear liners using measuring equipment.
2. Generate 3D models and drawings for the fabrication and installation of wear plates for chutes, hoppers and screens.
3. Generate 3D models and drawings of manganese liners.
4. Measure and create repair drawings of crusher parts for the Workshop Department.
5. Travel to site to measure new/worn manganese liners, crushing and screening parts and/or chute(s) and wear plates.
6. Provide customer drawings to internal departments as required.
7. Perform inspections on castings and/or parts received from suppliers/customers and create inspection reports on variations.
8. Generate cutting programs for the plasma cutter using SigmaNEST and produce dxf files for laser cutting.
9. Maintain excellent working relationships with all HEPICS employees nationally and ensure the Engineering Department provides excellent customer service.
This position will be required to discuss work related choices with the Engineering & Development Manager or delegate regarding decisions that will directly impact the department.
· Engineering and Development Manager
· Engineering team – Mechanical Engineers
· Engineering team – Mechanical Draftspersons
· Employees or internal customers
· OH&S Manager
· External Customers and suppliers
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification in mechanical drafting.
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a draftsperson.
3. Exposure to the mining and/or quarrying industry.
4. Experience working with measuring equipment.
5. Experience working within the mining industry.
6. Experience with Crushers, Chutes and supplying spare parts for machines.
7. Experience in machine design and fabrication processes.
8. Experience with Laser Scanning and Point Cloud processing.
9. Advanced skillset with AutoDesk Inventor (or Solidworks) and Vault.
10. Proficient with AutoDesk Mechanical Desktop, AutoCAD, Navisworks.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS PREFFERED:
· Exposure to Pronto or other ERP software.
· Ability to read and understand part manuals.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
· Commitment to quality and the concepts of continuous improvement.
· Ability to travel as and when required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to handle equipment with their hands, reach and hold materials weighing up to 10 pounds, climb in and onto equipment and mount stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee may also be exposed to dust and heat while performing the functions of this job.
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.