The purpose of this position is to machine parts.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1
- Understands and follows company safety requirements while maintaining a clean safe work environment.
- Strive for continual improvement within all areas of responsibility. Good interpersonal skills to communicate with co-workers and management personnel.
- Report any potential hazard, accident and or injuries to supervisor immediately.
- Dependable Attendance, maintain accurate job times by clocking in and out of all jobs using company software.
- Complete knowledge of the proper operation of all tools and equipment necessary to preform job duties.
- Proper completion of the required department certifications before taking on any new task. Knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and machining procedures
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances, knowledge of mathematics and instruments indicators micrometers and calipers.
- Knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and machining procedures
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments accessories and work items onto machines.
- Perform required machining / inspection procedures of selected components within standard timelines.
- Own the personal tooling required for job duties (instruments, wrenches, screwdrivers etc..).
- Serve as a check point for quality on all parts. If deficiencies are found immediately report them to supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 Years of Community College and or Vocational Trade School.
- Some on the job training is available.
- Ability to follow company instructions and procedures
- Ability to operate equipment and systems necessary to perform job duties. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend and write for completion of reporting requirements.
- Ability to train others, in processes and procedures as requested.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is also frequently exposed to sharp and abrasive edges which may result in scrapes, cuts and bruises. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.