The purpose of this position is to perform all sales activity for the region/customers as allocated by the WA Sales Manager and to promote the full range of HEPICS products and services.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner whilst adhering to HEPICS SH&E policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the HEPICS Quality Assurance system and that all documentation under your control conforms to HEPICS Quality and Management Systems.
- Generate sales to new and existing customers by developing and implementing sales strategies designed around your customer or regional needs and to expand H-E Parts customer base.
- Report monthly on the region/customer performance and activity.
- Provide growth in line with H-E Parts sales strategies to meet set budgets. Endeavour to maximise the profitability of H-E Parts.
- Identify new products and opportunities to help grow H-E Parts capabilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all clients to ensure high level of client satisfaction and security of current contracts and to maximize revenue potential.
- Identify new areas of business with existing customers as well as business with potential new customers. Develop a comprehensive database of all customers’ equipment.
- Provide timely feedback to the WA Sales Manager regarding performance of sales.
- Provide sales and technical support to customers, sales and service personnel.
- Ensure timely, accurate and competitive pricing on all quotes while striving for maximum profitability.
- Ensure customer delivery times are met and communicated to the customer.
- Ensure the timely completion of trip reports.
- Arrange and lead business meetings and deliver sales presentations.
- Develop new business relationships through effective marketing and promotion and attend relevant trade shows and exhibitions where possible. Attend HEPICS Sales Conference.
- Be familiar with the range of services offered by H-E Parts and understand how to identify client requirements that can be met by these services.
- Update customer information into the Salesforce CRM system.
- Maintain a high level of market intelligence relating to current customer business activity as well as industry knowledge in general.
- Strive to meet budget targets for the allocated region or customers.
- Strive to achieve KPI targets set by the WA Sales Manager.
- Expectation of time on site for meeting is 1 out of 3 – 4 weeks plus in various offices in Perth.
- Any other duties relevant to the role as assigned by the Manager.
This position will be required to discuss work related choices with the WA Sales Manager or delegate regarding decisions that will directly impact the department.
- Sales Manager
- Technical Services Manager
- Technical Managers
- Procurement Manager and Purchasing Team
- Engineering Manager
- Services Manager
- Account Managers
- Sales Administrators
- Stores Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering, business or trade qualification in mining related discipline. Or experience and knowledge of the mining and quarrying industries.
- Existing relationships with mine/quarry key decision makers.
- Proven success in sales and account management.
- High level experience in either sales or maintaining/repairing fixed plant equipment.
- Proven ability to prepare a sales budget and monitor sales performance accordingly.
- Ability to present proposals to senior decision makers.
- Sound knowledge of the sales, quote and order process.
- Proven negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience reporting on performance and tracking performance over time.
- Experience in producing detailed quotes and tenders.
- Computer literate with knowledge of ERP software (Pronto preferred) as well as Microsoft products, Word, Excel, Outlook and CRM Salesforce.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS PREFFERED:
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Well-developed negotiation, inter-personal and verbal communication skills.
· Highly developed sales and relationship management skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
· Willingness to travel regularly and often at short notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may handle equipment with their hands, reach and hold materials weighing up to 10 pounds, climb in and onto equipment and mount stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be subject to traffic and airplane hazards and may occasionally be exposed to dust, heat and moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the site/plant).
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.