The warehouse associate is accountable, under direct supervision, to fill customer order requirements with strong team coordination and follow-through abilities to complete full cycle of shipping, stock put away, picking, packing, stocking, documenting, and shipping customized orders, accurately and expeditiously.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
2. Count and Record material to ensure accuracy
3. Pull or stock materials using Radio Frequency scanning system
4. Utilize scale to weigh and/or hand count product per warehouse/ customer specifications
5. Utilize label printer to prepare labels as required
6. Return remaining product to proper location
7. Count, Bag, and label per warehouse/ customer requirements
8. Package, and prepare material for shipment
9. Utilize carrier and third party shipping system to ship product
10. Perform timely cycle counts and inventory audits to support an accurate inventory management system
11. Compose paperwork/correspondence, analyze, troubleshoot, and reconcile inventory discrepancies
12. Meet established standards for quality and productivity
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Forklift certification training and current forklift license
3. 1-2 years general warehousing, inventory control, and shipping experience
4. Basic carpentry/woodworking experience and experience using basic power tools such as a saw or drill
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills
6. Ability to be alert and aware of safety issues and safeguards
7. Ability to work well in a team environment
8. Ability to be detailed oriented and perform basic research if required
9. Understand DOT and EPA guidelines for transporting hazardous material
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, feel with their hands, reach and handle materials weighing up to 10 pounds. The employee will frequently need to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, walk and handle materials weighing 10-20 pounds. On occasion the employee will need to handle materials weighing 20-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is also frequently exposed to sharp and abrasive edges which may result in scrapes, cuts and bruises. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or
others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.