The radiator fitter is responsible for the service and repair of radiators, Oil Coolers, Charge air coolers and other associated products in line with H-E Parts International Mining Solutions Cooling Division Pty Ltd work instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and QA standards
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision;
Ability to operate grinders, spray painting equipment and other tools and machinery as required in a safe manner
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, general correspondence and apply the knowledge of a reasonable person to carry out instructions;
Basic numeracy skills, having the ability to use these skills with weight, volume and distance measurements;
Developing knowledge of workshop procedures;
Developing knowledge of the use and maintenance of workshop equipment; Developing knowledge of the operation of a plant;
General knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare regulations; and Ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
The specific position description of the employees function within the organisation gives a general indication of the duties to be performed, however, the duties are not to be considered restrictive and are not to be limited to those listed.
Position will be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Managers and Supervisors HEPIMS Employees
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Previous mechanical experience;
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn and develop; Understanding of Safe Operating Procedures
Computer skills – Basic to Intermediate Ability to work with or without supervision Ability to problem solve
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, feel with their hands, reach and handle materials weighing up to 20 kilograms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees).
· All employees must complete initial Safety Training.
· Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International Mining Solutions Cooling Division Pty Ltd.
· Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H- E Parts International Mining Solutions Cooling Division Pty Ltd.
· Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures.
· If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor.
· Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International Mining Solutions Cooling Division Pty Ltd, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.