- The purpose of this position is manage and mentor the OSS team and to ensure the installation, commissioning and repair of supplied equipment is completed to the standards and operating practices of both the Company and the client.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner whilst adhering to HEPICS SH&E policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the HEPICS Quality Assurance system and that all documentation under your control conforms to HEPICS Quality and Management Systems.
- In conjunction with Project Manager, manage all repairs, commissioning, installation of equipment.
- Allocate jobs to appropriately qualified employees and maintain high standards of workmanship throughout the Division.
- Ensure that project timelines are maintained and provide regular updates to Project Managers on any expected delays or cost overruns.
- Maintain a regular maintenance and cleaning program for all equipment, machines and facilities.
- Provide engineering/mechanical expertise for quotations when required.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, ensure sufficient manpower and resources have been organised to meet work requirements.
- Conduct morning pre start meetings to cover all daily issues including; safety, job requirements, communication etc.
- Conduct regular work area inspections using the HEPICS audit protocol and ensure reports carry out the same.
- Provide technical advice to team as required.
- Maintain compliance and continually improve the way we do things.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal customers.
This position will be required to discuss work related choices with the Senior Site Supervisor and the Project Manager or delegate regarding decisions that will directly impact the department.
- Senior Site Supervisors
- Service Manager
- Service team
- Project Manager
- Employees or internal customers
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Trade qualification – Mechanical Fitter or Boilermaker.
- Minimum of 3 years’ specific crushing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor in a service/manufacturing environment preferably with mineral processing equipment.
- Exposure to and demonstrated understanding of the complexities of managing a mixed mode manufacturing and service business.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and environmental management.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS PREFFERED:
- Intermediate level of computer literacy with ability to use the following packages:
- Pronto ERP system
- Microsoft office suite (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills.
- Commitment to safety and knowledge of safety concepts.
- Commitment to quality and the concepts of continuous improvement.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work unsupervised.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as and when required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to handle equipment with their hands, reach and hold materials weighing up to 10 pounds, climb in and onto equipment and stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee may also be exposed to dust and heat while performing the functions of this job.
All employees must complete initial Safety Training. Employees must ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and work practices established by H-E Parts International. Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for H-E Parts International. Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor. Prior to operating any equipment supplied by H-E Parts International, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established safety policies, standards, and procedures.