Responsible for creating analytics, interpreting outputs, and providing insights to support leadership and their teams across the enterprise. This role is focused on driving business solutions, and providing information and proposed actions, requiring participating in a collaborative work environment to enhance and drive business results. As a key member of our team you will assist in driving our business results.
It is the responsibility of all H-E Parts International employees to focus and ensure a safe work environment – we are all responsible for our teams to return home safely. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE where required, and adhering to company policy and our annual safety plan. Returning our employees home safely every day is our # 1 priority.
- Participate in business process management group efforts to collect and analyze metrics and support or provide feedback for continual improvement
- Participate in root cause analysis to support the recommendation for action
- Understand and communicate financial and operational material impacts
- Support product management, sales, and operations in data mining internally and externally and provide recommendations for action
- Potentially act as a project manager on some projects
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Participate in business process modeling sessions, acting as a documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator or subject matter expert in sketch sessions.
- Conduct preliminary investigation for project requests. Review requirements, specifications, tests, support, and provide training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives on projects.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs
- Interpret, evaluate, and interrelate research data, developing integrated business analyses and projections to support strategic decision-making
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives
- Develop business tools to support efficiency and productivity of product management, sales, accounting, procurement, and operations/facilities
- Complete daily, weekly, and periodic reporting as it relates to functional leadership needs
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities
- Review existing tools for updating and streamlining to enhance ease of review and use
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate challenges and opportunities
- Collaborate on data standardization projects
- Create macro enabled workbooks to drive efficiency and timely information access
- Consolidate data, for continuous reporting to highlight trends, and model outputs
- Assist in template design, review of process and procedures, and collaborate on continuous improvement
- Passionate for developing and analyzing complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Commended for being detail-oriented and accurate
- Effectively transform data into visual graphics and presentations to allow for ease of insight
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- High proficiency and ability to meet deliverables with minimal guidance
- Known to forge and manage effective relationships with peers and leaders across the organization
- Identified as a forward-thinking individual with learning agility and adaptability
- Participate, contribute to, and celebrate team successes through contribution
- Other tasks and opportunities for growth and development as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in generation, interpretation, and executing activity to support the enterprise, preferably in the mining or energy sector.
- Creation and utilization of organizational wide scorecards, analytic tools, and making business driving recommendations across workgroups and functional leadership
- Proven competency and confidence with driving projects and presentations to provide leadership insights to drive business results
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Superuser of Cognos
- Capable with a high level of comfort with SQL
- Strong excel skills and considerable experience with macros and VBA based excel tools
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills