The purpose of this position is to assist the H-E Parts Dom-Ex team with the delivery, receiving of parts, moving parts, and putting parts into ERP inventory. The main responsibility will be to take instructions from the warehouse manager, sales staff and service group to pull orders, unload trucks, inventory incoming components, organize and keep ABAS outside warehouse (Hill Shop) up to date. This position will also disassemble off highway equipment and components. The secondary purpose is to maintain our buildings electrical systems as well as equipment and component electrical repairs.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Secure loads to prevent damage and comply with DOT regulations.
- Help Co-workers with projects and tasks and comprehend instructions while working in the parts yard and warehouse.
- Disassemble, inspect and repair off highway equipment, off highway component and parts.
- Inspect torn-down components to identify defects and flaws.
- Assist with crane/boom truck rigging jobs as requested.
- Assist or perform maintenance on shop equipment or vehicles.
- Move components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists and pallet jacks, forklifts, boom truck etc.
- Build crates and pallets to protect parts and components for orders and stock.
- Document time spent driving and working on other task’s daily.
- Communicate and relay pertinent information and concerns in a timely manner.
- Move components by operating forklifts, boom trucks, and overhead cranes.
- Be observant and take quick action to correct possible issues.
- Navigate a computer inventory system and print reports and sales orders as needed.
- Load and Unload trucks and receive & receipt parts from inventory.
- Package UPS and truck shipments to minimize the risk of loss and damage during transit.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Perform building electrician duties.
- Repair and test electrical equipment and components.
- Maintain support equipment electrical systems.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Two years’ vocational school in mechanical or maintenance field preferred.
- At least 3 years mechanical work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in heavy equipment repair and/or mechanical aptitude required.
- Electrician degree/certification or equivalent experience required.
- Mining electrical background preferred.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver license required.
- Ability to lift up to 50# is required. Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing.