This Customer Service Rep will be responsible for customer service contacts with regional sales area companies to ensure delivery of excellent customer service. The position exists to assist our customers with prompt and accurate support and information that they need in order to purchase from our company. This position is responsible for driving increased sales by developing strong relationships with our customers through conducting outbound communications (phone calls, e-mail, etc.). The position will work closely with Production, Supply Chain, and Field Sales to develop effective communication tools highlighting the value of H-E Parts Mining product offering. When required, Outside Sales will provide after-hour coverage of customer service calls to ensure H-E Parts International maintains excellence in service levels.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Conduct outbound communications with our customers offering and educating customers on product value and functionality.
- Provides support to customers and representatives via telephone, fax, or e-mail on a daily basis.
- Provide customer and billing reports as needed for accounting and management.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relationships with customers.
- Communicate with Field Sales, Production, and Supply Chain departments to enhance our effectiveness of achieving sales goals
- Processes customer orders through the order entry system verifying pricing, quantities, part numbers, and routing.
- Assists customers with product information including part numbers, pricing, and availability.
- Assists customers with emergency orders as well as orders and/or issues relating to special customer requirements.
- Takes personal responsibility to resolve customer complaints regarding deliveries, pricing, credits, and warranty issues.
- Follows through quickly and completely to ensure the our customer is satisfied.
- Create and/or update accurate records of customer communication and transactions.
- Document and provide customer activity reports to management related to increased sales, customer issues, opportunities for growth, and customer needs
- Run appropriate sales reports and analyze information to drive sales and profitability
- Maintain privacy of customer account information.
- Pull or stock materials and package and prepare material for shipment.
- Assist with timely cycle counts and inventory audits to support an accurate inventory management system.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year Associate Degree or Commensurate Experience preferred
- 2-5 years’ professional customer service and inside sales experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must have intermediate/advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite (*MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Internet
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the mining and/or industrial sector.
- Experience in marketing through utilization of various strategies.