The purpose of this position is to assist the H-E Parts International Mining Solutions Canada Sales Division process and complete sales orders, customer inquiries and quotes in order to meet demands. The main responsibility of the role will be to interact with customer needs and process the paperwork in a timely manner. A secondary role of the position will be to work with the outside sales team to follow up on lost sales, deflective and migrated customers and maintain the records and contacts of house accounts.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inside Sales / Customer support (50%)
- Provide support for incoming phone calls where customers are making inquiries or placing orders.
- Assist in development of new accounts and occasionally call on house accounts
- Interact with outside sales to process sales leads and active sales orders
- Direct customer inquiries to the qualified HEPI team member. Gather information and pass it to appropriate team member.
- Provide quotes, enter sales orders, confirm deliveries for customers within our SAP/Pronto system
- Generate shop production orders and follow up to ensure sales order requirements are met
- Expedite and track jobs from sales order to delivery and monitor progress through the shop process
- Some purchasing, receiving and shipping duties and coordination to expedite orders
- Process paperwork and credit card payments as required
- Keep customers informed of deliveries and order progress or delays
- Monitor and update costing and margin utilizing SAP/Pronto
- Prepare and expedite branch transfers as required
- Prepare Excel, word documents as required.
- Utilize outlook for time management
- Assist with additional duties when others are away from the Richmond office
House Account Developer (25%)
- Establish contact with accounts not currently looked after by a field sales person (Typically “house accounts”)
- Develop plan for introduction of appropriate products to these accounts.
- Involve Sales Manager to ensure proper support is being provided by HEPI team for customer needs
- Keep customers current in our SalesForce data base.
Lead/Opportunity Developer using SalesForce (25%)
- Review targeted “opportunities” developed with Sales manager.
- Use resources contained within SalesForce to market solutions to appropriate customers and contacts
- Maintain SalesForce marketing campaigns developed with the Sale Manager.
- Help develop reports from SalesForce that will aide the sales team.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
At least one-year work experience or equivalent education is required.
- 5 years of inside sales experience required, preferably in heavy equipment or industrial sales.
- Heavy equipment parts experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in Mining, Forestry, Marine or Construction fields would also be an asset.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office, CRM, ERP & Internet is required
- In Depth knowledge of SAP, Office, Salesforce would be considered an asset.
- Basic understanding of Heavy Equipment and Industrial business is required. Will be required to read and interpret product drawings.