This Customer Service Repair Specialist will be responsible forcustomer service contacts with international and domestic companies to ensuredelivery of excellent customer service. The focus of this position is on re-manufacturedand repaired products. The position exists to assist our customers withprompt and accurate support and information that they need in order to purchasefrom our company. This position is responsible for drivingincreased sales by developing strong relationships with global customersthrough conducting outbound communications (phone calls, e-mail, etc.). The position will work closely with Production, Supply Chain, and Field Salesto develop effective communication tools highlighting the value of H-E PartsMining product offering. When required, Inside Sales will provideafter-hour coverage of customer service calls to ensure H-E Parts Internationalmaintains excellence in service levels.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International,employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility toinsure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses allother responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Conduct outbound communications with globalcustomers offering and educating customers on product value and functionality.
- Provides support to customers and representatives via telephone,fax, or e-mail on a daily basis.
- Provide customer and billing reports as needed for accounting andmanagement.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relationships with customers.
- Communicate with Field Sales, Production, andSupply Chain departments to enhance our effectiveness of achieving sales goals.
- Create shop work orders for re-manufactured and repair products.
- Review shop work order repair evaluations for accuracy,thoroughness and to ensure that best practices are utilized in the repairprocess.
- Review shop work order repair costs for accuracy, thoroughness andto ensure that most cost effective parts are utilized in the repair process.
- Synthesize costed repair shop work order evaluations into a repairquote that explains the condition of the customer’s component, the proposedrepair process, the parts used and the final cost of the repair. Provide itemized parts and labor price,photographic documentation and expected lead times as required by the customer.
- Recommend new/alternative repair processes to the shop andengineering based on previous repair shop experience.
- Collaborate with engineering to evaluate warranty claims andproduce warranty reports for the customer and sales.
- Processes customer orders through the order entry system verifyingpricing, quantities, part numbers, and routing.
- Assists customers with product information including part numbers,pricing, and availability.
- Assists customers with emergency orders as well as orders and/orissues relating to special customer requirements.
- Takes personal responsibility to resolve customer complaintsregarding deliveries, pricing, credits, and warranty issues.
- Follows through quickly and completely to ensure the external orinternal customer is satisfied.
- Create and/or update accurate records of customer communicationand transactions.
- Document and provide customer activity reports tomanagement related to increased sales, customer issues, opportunities forgrowth, and customer needs.
- Run appropriate sales reports and analyzeinformation to drive sales and profitability.
- Maintain privacy of customer account information.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year Associate Degree or Commensurate Experience preferred
- 2-5 years’ professional customer service and inside salesexperience
- 3-5 years’ experience as shop repair mechanic, planner or servicewriter.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must have intermediate/advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite(*MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Internet
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the mining and/orindustrial sector.
- Mechanical background is necessary to effectively communicate withshop personnel on customer’s repair needs, review work order repairevaluations, evaluate warranty claims and recommend alternative repairprocesses.
- Selling into the International market is preferred, but notessential.