The primary role of consists of the disassembly, inspection and reassembly of hydraulic cylinders.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Continuously strive to improve quality, efficiency, and safety standards.
- Maintain material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Perform safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes and lifting devices.
- Disassemble, inspect and record hydraulic cylinder components for condition and repair needs
- Prepare parts and components for final assembly.
- Perform final assembly and testing of hydraulic cylinder components.
- Checks tolerances, dimensions and specifications by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside micrometers, spring gauges (inside/outside), telescoping gauges, etc.
- Verify components specifications (tolerances, thickness, lengths, etc.) by measuring tolerances and comparing to blueprints, drawings, component identifications and parts breakdown, etc.
- Moves components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists, forklifts and pallet jacks, etc.
- Able to use basic hand and air tools along with specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, etc.
- Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e. parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris.
- Assists when needed with other miscellaneous needs including but not limited to material movement, shop waste removal, shop area organization, etc.
- Maintain and clean tools and work space daily.
- Must maintain a good attendance record and maintain the highest professional conduct.
- Performs more duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience and training with hydraulic cylinder mechanics preferred.
- Certificate from an accredited technical school and two years' experience; or equivalent education and experience.
- Work related experience must consist of hands-on mechanical work.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required