The Operations Manager has overall responsibility for H-E Parts International Mining Solutions USA, Inc., operations at the Billings, MT facility, and is accountable for its performance and achievement of safety, quality, financial, strategic and operational objectives. This position has primary responsibility for company profitability and cost control. Success is ultimately measured by Adjusted Operating Income performance against budget. The manager is accountable to ensure prudent measures protect employees, the company, its assets and resources. Key objectives or deliverables include the obtainment of company sales, profitability and Operating Income objectives, which will be established annually and adjusted from time to time. In addition, ensuring that the company maintains and adheres to company policies and the highest standards of safety, health, environmental and ethical conduct are critical responsibilities for the position. While not directly responsible for field sales, the position requires collaboration with the sales team to meet overall sales and customer service objectives.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety & Communications
- Ensure everyone goes home safe, every day
- Provide clear and effective communication with all employees, peers and executive management
- Coordinate, implement and enforce all safety, health and environmental rules, policies and regulations
- Clearly communicate employee expectations and regularly provide formal and informal feedback regarding employee performance
- Maintain and drive performance to achieve key metrics monitoring the performance of the business.
- Ensure customer expectations are clearly defined, understood and regularly achieved
- Ensure customer communication, support and product deliveries are performed on time, within budget and with the highest levels of quality
- Ensure quality of product being supplied meets customer expectations
- Ensure the Sales Department is supported with excellence
- Oversight of the Shop Leadership and indirectly, all machining, manufacturing, assembly and quality functions
- Ensure repair and manufacturing procedures are documented, current, communicated and followed
- Promote a quality culture, reducing in-house rework and customer warranties through effective root cause analysis and corrective action
- Maintain a “LEAN” environment, continuously improving processes and reducing waste
- Attend Production Meeting to establish, revise and communicate priorities
- Lead all vendor negotiations to support the annual business plan
- Promote efficient and productive interactions between external and internal customers.
- Collaborate with Sales and Finance to develop annual budget and 5-Year forecast
- Develop and administer KPI’s to support the Key Objectives of the operation.
- Safeguard company assets
Purchasing & Inventory Control
- The Operations Manager’s responsibility includes:
- Controls are in place for effective inventory management, driving toward maximizing return on our largest investment while simultaneously meeting customer on-time delivery and contractual requirements
- Effective controls are in place for the flow of goods into and out of inventory, allowing for accurate inventory levels and accurate shipments.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in plan development and KPI’s to drive toward corporate DOH metric.
- Regular cycle counts, adhering to Finance Department guidance, are conducted throughout the year.
- The Operations Manager is part of the leadership team and is an active participant in other key areas of the business.
- The Operations Manager has primary responsibility for the hiring, development and management of all staff required to operate the Billings business unit. The quality of our workforce and their work product shall continually improve due to the Operations Manager‘s influence. Annual goals are to be developed for each employee with regular measures taken of their performance and adherence to company objectives and policies.
- Asset management – the manager is expected to protect all company interests and assets. All capital asset acquisitions must adhere to HEPI policy, requiring appropriate approvals.
- Effective utilization of the ERP System, with appropriate controls in place.
- Coordinating steps to achieve ISO 9001 Certification in Billings. .
- Performance Metrics – the manager has primary responsibility to meet profitability budget. A monthly operating report is to be submitted to the North America President, detailing performance against plan and against key operating measures. It is expected that other metrics be implemented to measure key performance indicators for the business.
- Timely execution – deadlines are regularly met due to the direct influence of the Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Sales, Engineering or Heavy Equipment Trades is preferred.
- 10 or more years of Industry experience
- Excellent communication skills, with English as a first language.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products, and current technology such as Laptops, Tablets and smartphones is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude or experience is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with CRM (Salesforce preferred) and ERP systems is considered an asset.
- Good Drivers abstract, and current Drivers Licence are required.
- A valid Passport or ability to get a Passport is also a requirement.
- A professional, ethical and exceptional work-ethic is required for the candidate.