The Territory Sales Manager position will be responsible for the account management and delivering of sales initiatives of HE Parts Dom-Ex, specifically representing H-E Parts Dom-Ex to assigned accounts in Western Canada. Duties include the development and maintenance of customer relationships. Routine face-to-face contact is expected. Contact will include sales and technical product presentations. Overnight travel will be required.
The TSM is required to develop and maintain strong customer relationships in the defined region. TSM will document regularly scheduled attendance at the customer locations. A key responsibility for the TSM is fleet analysis of equipment specifically identifying what is available off-contract. TSM will look for and develop new opportunities to provide customers with H-E Parts unique solutions. Additionally, the TSM will be available promote H-E Parts Canada and H-E Parts Engine solutions to assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Manage all elements of the sales cycle –
- Promote H-E Parts Dom-Ex products to assigned retail customers in Western Canada. The goal is to capture a larger share of the component sales/equipment sales to western Canada Mines
- Seek out surplus equipment and component inventories to be used by parts group.
- Look for opportunities to promote and sell used mining equipment. Work with GM in the marketing strategy of equipment.
- Assist with oversight of service projects that arise in territory.
- Utilize reporting tools – including SalesForce.com, and general sales reports.
- Create, develop, and maintain opportunity plans for all major accounts
- Review monthly/annual sales plans with general manager.
- Regularly contact key account decision makers plus continuously grow number of account contacts both vertically and horizontally
- Cross-promote products and services from all H-E Parts International divisions
- Ensure proper use of company resources involved with selling. Some of these are SalesForce, entertainment expenses, and company intellectual property.
- Maintain strong communication with internal customer service issues.
- Report, establish, and manage pricing strategies to achieve and exceed planned budget gross margin targets
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skills
- 3-5 years in an outside Sales Environment
- Strong negotiating skills
- Solid analytical, planning, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce Preferred