The Warehouse Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis including receiving, picking, and shipping of part in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Supervise and coordinate a process for the unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stocking of product, and the accurate picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork ensuring that all products are properly accounted for.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Participate in establishing work schedules and ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain accurate bin locations.
- Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly warehouse area.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety, security, and in accordance with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Direct the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve maximum productivity and accuracy.
- Supervise and offer leadership to warehouse employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and guidelines.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems as needed.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting of cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Must have organizational skills to maintain an efficient warehouse.
- Must be able to lift between 50 – 75 pounds.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in shipping and receiving and one year experience in a supervisory capacity is required.