Product Manager will be responsible for the product strategy and roadmap, managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with sales and operations to deliver growth in key markets. In addition, the product manager will work closely with the team to define where to go to market and with which product lines to deliver excellent revenue and margin. Further, this role will work very closely with sales, marketing, and customer support to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met. As the product line’s chief manager and advocate, the position will serve as the senior customer liaise and expert regarding the product’s capabilities and technology. the manager will develop or approve all promotional materials, quotation formats, exchange program guidelines, warranties, and general literature. The product manager will also engage with customers, field sales and management to conduct sales meetings, product reviews, training, and warranty resolutions.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Sales – The manager will visit customers with field product support representatives and management.
- Hold technical and sales meetings with customers.
- Work with engineering to promote the product and assist in problem resolution.
- Assess and develop solutions to address customer quality and maintenance needs.
- Marketing / Commercial – The manager will develop and approve all marketing materials, quotation formats, terms and conditions and exchange program protocols and:
- Work with Marketing to assess market size and share
- Work with Sales to develop sales plan per market territory
- Work with marketing to maintain up to date and relevant promotional literature
- Manage and lead standard management routine activities pertaining to revenue growth and margin expansion, measuring metrics, conducting analytics and utilizing an effective visual management system.
- Conduct regular industry, market and competitor analysis, including detailed segmentations of end consumers and customers
- Lead the execution of detailed demand planning for all product/service lines based on input from industry, market and competitor analysis
- Make recommendations to Operations on production volumes, schedules and timing based on output of detailed demand planning
- Coordinate with the marketing and sales teams to review and adjust the marketing strategy, plan (including targeted programs and promotions) and countermeasures for all existing product/service lines based on performance
- Prepare "business pulse" and financial reports on assigned product/service lines on a regular basis to keep business leaders informed of progress on volume, profitability and quality targets
- Lead long range plan development, P&L and yearly operating plan
- Lead the execution of regularly scheduled, customer-focused, multi-generation reviews for all assigned product/service lines
- Coordinate and track performance data in Sales Force
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree required (MBA preferred)
- 10 years or more in similar role and Caterpillar engine experience
- 50% or more travel time.