Perform accurate data entry in an efficient and effective manner to ensure proper invoicing to our customers and collection of payments thereof for internal and external financial reporting purposes.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International (HEPI), employee to insure a safe work environment. All HEPI employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare invoices, including processing completed work orders through the invoicing system. Review and correct invoice errors, timely, if necessary.
- Review sales orders not shipped frequently with internal personnel to ensure timely invoicing.
- Monitor customer account activity for aging invoices. Follow and perform company’s collection process including, but not limited to, making collection calls.
- Establish new customers according to company’s credit policy.
- Maintain and administer accounts receivable customer master files as requested.
- Follow established procedures for processing payment receipts.
- Process credit card payments through web-site portal, if necessary.
- Prepare bank deposits as needed.
- Reconcile customer accounts.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Effectively communicate with customers, external and internal, via phone, email, or mail.
- Maintain and update sales tax tables as necessary.
- Prepare and submit sales tax information to respective state sales tax authorities, as requested.
- Prepare and send monthly customer statements.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly accounts receivable/sales reports for internal distribution.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in an efficient and organized manner, ensuring filing of information, electronically or in hard copy form, is complete.
- Assist accounting department in the preparation of accounting information required for external audits.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year accounting program graduate, OR
- A minimum of 3 years of recent accounts receivable experience as outlined in the Essential Functions and Responsibilities above.
- High School Diploma or Commensurate Education.
- Strong MS Word & Excel skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with multiple ERP systems highly desirable.
- Familiarity with remanufacturing environment highly desirable.