The quality control inspector position conducts origination inspection of incoming parts and supplies used for manufacture of products. The purpose of this position is to: With readily available supervision, perform repetitive inspection of manufactured parts using standardized methods and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety - conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential Safety is # 1.
- Checks dimensions and finishes against drawings or work order specifications
- May preform light finishing operations to correct rejected parts.
- May need to conduct in process inspections or inspection of parts in the production
- Visually inspecting or checking parts using a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e. parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris
- Ensure precision equipment is maintained by following scheduled maintenance plan, keeping tools clean, calibrating and placing in secure locations
- Perform more duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is a plus.
- Literacy with programs such as word and
- Ability to calibrate and maintain precision measuring equipment.
- Previous experience in a job shop or production machine shop is a
- Must have a educational background in mathematics, algebra and geometry.