H-E Parts International is currently seeking a Buyer-Planner to join our team in Leduc, Ab. The Buyer - Planner, reporting to the District Manager, will be responsible for performing inventory planning, sourcing, purchasing, safety, and warehouse oversight functions and is accountable for supply management of the assigned commodities and product lines.
The Buyer - Planner will support and work closely with Manufacturing Operations, Vendors, Customer Service, Engineering, Scheduling, Warehouse, and Accounting Departments.
The Buyer - Planner will also determine and analyze inventory parameters, manage purchase orders, communicate delivery schedules, expedite material, process returns and resolve payment issues. He/She will also be responsible for managing and communicating supplier performance problems (sourcing, delivery and quality).
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities. Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Buyer - Planner will perform all or some of the following Job description:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- This position also acts as the site contact for the North American Safety Manager to assist in the implementation and maintenance of our safety programs.
- Plans all purchased and manufactured/remanufactured parts within responsibility area. Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity.
- Review and maintain the integrity of MRP parameters.
- Coordinate as needed with the Warehouse and Engineering Department for resolution of supplier issues (quality, delivery), or implementation of changes to the supplier base.
- Review and disposition of excess & obsolete inventory.
- Facilitates problem resolutions with Accounts Payable related to purchase orders/ invoicing and pricing.
- Maintains accurate purchase order information in the ERP system. Confirms and modifies order release due dates, quantities, and closes purchase orders, based on demand.
- Review and analyze costing of manufacturing work orders and projects.
- Demand Planning for assigned Vendors & Items.
- Act independently and routinely perform moderately complex planning and problem solving.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and inventory reduction and actively support implementation as necessary.
- Inventory Management (turns, inventory balance between multiple warehouses).
- Strive to meet goals for: on time delivery, days On-Hand/Inventory Turns, and cost reduction KPI’s.
- Manage and lead our Shipper/Receiver and Warehouse staff to meet objectives.
- Responsible for spearheading annual inventory count and maintain inventory integrity by performing routine cycle counts to audit performance.
- Manages the incoming and outgoing shipping of products and goods at a branch level. Should be familiar with international shipping requirements.
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skills
- Solid analytical, planning, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of integrated Supply Chain systems (i.e., ERP systems).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work with minimum supervision while prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to react to the needs of others in a professional and timely manner, often in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with international shipping requirements
Preferred Requirements / Certification / Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Strong negotiating skills
- 3-5 years MPS/MRP experience
- Certification (APICS and/or CPM)