The Vice President Operations, North America has overall responsibility for H-E Parts operations in Richmond, B.C., Canada, Leduc, AB Canada and the Production Department in Billings, MT. This position is accountable for performance and achievement of safety, quality, strategic and operational objectives and has primary responsibility for company profitability and cost control. The VP Operations is accountable to ensure prudent measures that protect the company, its assets and resources. Key objectives include the obtainment of company sales through collaboration with the sales team and customer relations management and meeting profitability and Operating Income objectives in support of the North America business plan. In addition, ensuring that the company maintains and adheres to company policies and the highest standards of safety, health, environmental and ethical conduct are critical responsibilities for the position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and annual safety plan. Returning our employees home safely every day is our # 1 priority.
- Align operations objectives with firm business strategy – through active participation in corporate strategic planning, development and administration of KPIs that support company objectives, monitoring and driving performance to obtain key metrics, sales support and budgeting.
- Collaborate with Sales and Finance to develop and communicate annual Operations budget and 5-Year forecast.
- Staffing and Employee Relations Management – Working with Human Resources and Branch management, determines adequate staffing to achieve company goals, develops and communicates expectations, oversees staff development and performance management.
- Define and oversee operations staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the operations team to achieve quality and production targets.
- Define and coordinate operations staff training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company production and quality objectives.
- Customer Relations Management: Work with the President to maintain certain senior level contacts with key customers.
- Ensure customer expectations are clearly defined and met and promote efficient and productive interactions between external and internal customers.
- Ensure customer communication, support and product deliveries are performed on time, within budget and with the highest levels of quality.
- Standardize quality across North American operations, by maintaining a “LEAN” environment, thereby promoting a philosophy of Continuous Improvement and ensuring that repair and manufacturing procedures are documented, current, communicated and followed.
- Promote a quality culture, reducing in-house rework and customer warranties through effective root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Establish, revise and communicate production priorities
- Develop and implement strategies for effective inventory management and monitoring of inventory levels to safeguard company assets and ensure on-time delivery and alignment with contractual agreements.
- Asset management – the manager is expected to protect all company interests and assets. All capital assets acquisitions must adhere to HEPI policy, requiring appropriate approvals.
- Ensure effective utilization of the ERP System, with appropriate controls in place.
- Manage continued ISO 9001 Certification in Richmond and expanding to Leduc and Billings.
- Performance Metrics – the manager has primary responsibility to meet profitability guidelines, report key operating metrics to the President, and develop and implement metrics to measure key performance indicators for the business.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Sales, Engineering or Heavy Equipment Trades required.
- MBA is strongly desired
- 10 or more years of Industry experience required
- Excellent communication skills, with proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, and current technology such as Laptops, Tablets and smartphones is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience with CRM (Salesforce preferred) and ERP systems.
- Current Drivers License and clean driving record is required.
- A valid Passport is required.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time including international overnight travel.
- A professional, ethical and exceptional work-ethic is required for the candidate.