The position is a support role for the entire facility with the main focus on building and equipment maintenance and repair.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Research, coordinate, execute repair and maintenance tasks.
- Act as main point of contact for vendors, suppliers, service support for operation and repair needs.
- Continue development of maintenance scheduling program and assist in the implementation of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) program.
- Work with Maintenance group and Manufacturing Manager for prioritization of job.
- Provide maintenance and support for various equipment and facility needs which may include repairs, preventative maintenance, inspection and cleaning tasks.
- Maintenance tasks include small air / electric power tools, lighting, machining equipment such as lathes and mills, welding units, parts washers, turntables, forklifts, small motor repairs, basic building maintenance, etc.
- Perform routine inspection of cranes, hoists, lifting straps, chains and fixtures, air compressors, electrical outlets and cords, HVAC filters and unit condition, etc.
- Assist in the collection and removal of waste material, metal scrap and garbage from facility and place in proper disposal areas.
- Operate floor scrubber to help maintain cleanliness of main production aisles.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Performs safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes and lifting devices.
- Assists when needed with other miscellaneous needs including but not limited to material and parts movement, shop area organization, etc.
- May assist with other duties as directed by supervision or management.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- At least one year work experience or equivalent education in a manufacturing or industrial setting preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50# is required.