Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Reports to the Production Manager and interacts with Technicians, Sales and Management at all levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE, adhering to company and customer safety policies and alerting others regarding potential concerns
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer and assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Perform daily inspections of forklifts, manage propane and fuel contract for forklifts and ensures that forklifts receive basic maintenance as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with and without direct supervision
- Consistent attendance is a requirement
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- At least 2 years of shipping/receiving, warehousing or parts experience
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English)
- Competent in safe operation of 3,000lb to 40,000lb forklifts both indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting. Some outside work required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements as required