- The purpose of this position is manage and mentor the OSS team and to ensure the installation, commissioning and repair of supplied equipment is completed to the standards and operating practices of both the Company and the client.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner whilst adhering to HEPICS SH&E policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the HEPICS Quality Assurance system and that all documentation under your control conforms to HEPICS Quality and Management Systems.
- In conjunction with Project Manager, manage all repairs, commissioning, installation of equipment.
- Allocate jobs to appropriately qualified employees and maintain high standards of workmanship throughout the Division.
- Ensure that project timelines are maintained and provide regular updates to Project Managers on any expected delays or cost overruns.
- Maintain a regular maintenance and cleaning program for all equipment, machines and facilities.
- Provide engineering/mechanical expertise for quotations when required.
- Provide training and mentoring to all trade employees to ensure they are learning on the job.
- Ensure sufficient manpower and resources have been organised to meet work requirements.
- Conduct morning pre start meetings to cover all daily issues including; safety, job requirements, communication etc.
- Conduct regular work area inspections using the HEPICS audit protocol and ensure reports carry out the same.
- Manage and mentor the OSS team.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with OSS personnel.
- Maintain compliance and continually improve the way we do things.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Trade qualification – Mechanical Fitter.
- Minimum of 5 years’ specific crushing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor in a service/manufacturing environment preferably with mineral processing equipment.
- Exposure to and demonstrated understanding of the complexities of managing a mixed mode manufacturing and service business.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and environmental management.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS PREFFERED:
- Intermediate level of computer literacy with ability to use the following packages:
- Pronto ERP system
- Microsoft office suite (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills.
- Commitment to safety and knowledge of safety concepts.
- Commitment to quality and the concepts of continuous improvement.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work unsupervised.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as and when required.