The purpose of this position is to assist the H-E Parts International mechanical division process and complete projects in order to meet customer demands. The main responsibility of the mechanic will be to rebuild major components for mechanical drive trucks including but not limited to rear wheel groups, front corner groups, transmissions, torque converters and differentials.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, rebuild and check components for quality control.
- Check tolerance, dimensions and specifications by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside micrometers, spring gauges (inside/outside), telescoping gauges, etc.
- Determines components specifications (tolerances, thickness, lengths, etc.) by measuring tolerance and comparing to blueprints, drawings, component identifications and parts breakdown, etc.
- Inspect torn-down components to identify defects and flaws
- List and identify action items that need to be taken.
- Summarize specific steps that need to be performed to rebuild the product.
- Move components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists, fork lifts and pallet jacks, etc.
- Assemble components by using specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A journeyman heavy duty mechanic (on or off road) or HET certificate or Registered Alberta Apprentice in good standing. May also accept Journeyman Automotive Mechanic with related experience.
- Previous experience in heavy equipment repair; mechanical aptitude, and basic understanding of precision measuring tools required. Will be required to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to lift up to 50# is required.