The primary role of consists of the disassembly, inspection and reassembly of wheel group and final drive components for surface mining equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Continuously strive to improve quality, efficiency, and safety standards.
- Maintain material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Perform safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes and lifting devices
- Disassemble, inspect and record mechanical components condition and repair needs
- Prepare parts and components for final assembly.
- Perform assembly of various sub-components or final assembly of components that may include final drives, dry and wet brake assemblies or other various mechanical needs.
- Checks tolerances, dimensions and specifications by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside micrometers, spring gauges (inside/outside), telescoping gauges, etc.
- Verify components specifications (tolerances, thickness, lengths, etc.) by measuring tolerances and comparing to blueprints, drawings, component identifications and parts breakdown, etc.
- Moves components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists, forklifts and pallet jacks, etc.
- Able to use basic hand and air tools along with specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, etc.
- Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e. parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris.
- Assists when needed with other miscellaneous needs including but not limited to material movement, shop waste removal, shop area organization, etc.
- Maintain and clean tools and work space daily.
- Must maintain a good attendance record and maintain the highest professional conduct.
- Performs more duties as assigned.
- Firm knowledge of heavy equipment mechanics preferred
- Certificate from an accredited technical school and two years' experience; or equivalent education and experience.
- Work related experience must consist of hands-on mechanic work.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required