The purpose of this position is to Perform various types of machining operations using various types of machining equipment to produce and repair material components.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and machining notes to determine; dimensions, tolerance, finish type, sequence of operations, setup, reference points, etc.
- Select the appropriate tools and materials to be used for each part to be machined.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Operate various types of machining equipment; mills, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Calculate and monitor speed and feed rates during the machining process.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Use various types of intricate measuring tools including; indicators, micrometers, depth/height gauges, calipers, etc.
- Produce a quality product (within design specifications) in an efficient manner.
- Ability to recognize throughout the machining process if part is defective of within design specifications.
- Layout materials to be machined according to design specifications.
- Select, align and secure; fixtures, tooling, attachments, and materials on various types of machines.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to design specifications.
- Set-up and test production equipment under power, evaluating any constraints.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work cell.
- Keep an accurate record of daily operations and material usage.
- Work shifts and overtime, if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A two-year Associate Degree from a technical/trade school is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent machining experience with metals, & strong math & blueprint reading skills.
- Should be able to set up, operate & perform basic maintenance on machines.
- At least two (2) years of previous heavy manufacturing machining experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50# is required. Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing.