The purpose of this position is to machine parts.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1
- Understands and follows company safety requirements while maintaining a clean safe work environment.
- Strive for continual improvement within all areas of responsibility. Good interpersonal skills to communicate with co-workers and management personnel.
- Report any potential hazard, accident and or injuries to supervisor immediately.
- Dependable Attendance, maintain accurate job times by clocking in and out of all jobs using company software.
- Complete knowledge of the proper operation of all tools and equipment necessary to preform job duties.
- Proper completion of the required department certifications before taking on any new task. Knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and machining procedures
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances, knowledge of mathematics and instruments indicators micrometers and calipers.
- Knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and machining procedures
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments accessories and work items onto machines.
- Perform required machining / inspection procedures of selected components within standard timelines.
- Own the personal tooling required for job duties (instruments, wrenches, screwdrivers etc..).
- Serve as a check point for quality on all parts. If deficiencies are found immediately report them to supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 Years of Community College and or Vocational Trade School.
- Some on the job training is available.
- Ability to follow company instructions and procedures
- Ability to operate equipment and systems necessary to perform job duties. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend and write for completion of reporting requirements.
- Ability to train others, in processes and procedures as requested.