Integral part of the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Assist in budget and forecast process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with division management team to help drive the business forward (KPI monitoring, cost cutting measures, inventory management…)
- Adhere to global system of accounting policies.
- Evaluate and prioritize capital expenditure requests
- Interact with Division Controller on a regular basis
- Manage local accounting team
- Lead month-end and year-end closing process
- Automate manual processes
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Implement and monitor system of controls over accounting transactions
- Maintain inventory costing
- Evaluate adequacy of inventory, warranty and bad debt reserves
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of significant general ledger accounts
- Perform accrual calculations
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly and that credit risk is managed appropriately
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Review monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Issue timely, complete and accurate financial statements
- Calculate and report financial and operating metrics
- Assist with the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports in an ERP environment
- Provide financial analyses, as needed
- Provide written monthly commentary on financial results
- Assist with the provision of information to external and internal auditors
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Provide information for the annual business insurance renewal, as needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Perform other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four year Accounting degree and/or
- Five+ years of full cycle accounting experience, including minimum of two years of supervisory responsibility
- Experience in a remanufacturing environment highly desirable
- Strong technical accounting skills in US GAAP, with a basic understanding of IFRS highly desirable.
- Ability to adjust to different circumstances and cope with job related pressures/stress
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Microsoft Office and accounting software)
- Communication - the ability to provide information in a clear, understandable, and concise manner, and the capability to establish and build rapport with internal and external customers.
- Self-Motivation - possesses a drive to exceed goals, achieve success, and maintain enthusiasm with little or no supervision.
- Resilience - enjoys a challenge and is able to persevere with a positive attitude when faced with difficulties.
- Attention to detail - is careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity - is honest and ethical.
- Independence - displays self-dependence and initiative to get things done.
- Persistence - has determination in the face of obstacles and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability - is reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Leadership - has a willingness to lead by example and to set high standards of excellence.
- Professionalism - maintains composure and shows a consistent display of professionalism.
- Big picture focus – the ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Accuracy - meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Deadline driven - ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Adaptable - flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.