The Territory Sales Representative (TSR) position will be responsible for the account management, and delivering of sales initiatives of HE Parts International (Canada) – Mining Solutions product and service offerings. These include the continuance, development and maintenance of customer relationships, as well as product presentation, both on a direct customer contact basis. The TSR is required to develop & maintain strong customer relationships with the company’s existing customers, in the BC Northern, Interior, Okanagan Lower Mainland & Vancouver Island areas. With a specific focus (but not limited to); Major above ground Mines in BC, Forestry, Construction, Marine & Industrial type customers. Focusing on our Mining Product Range, as well as Friction materials in other sectors. This involves regular scheduled attendance at the customer locations, as planned with Sales Manager. Additionally, the TSR is also required to establish and develop new opportunities within this region. Up to 80% travel time may be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Sales budgeting, use of reporting systems (including SalesForce & SAP), organization of selling efforts, quoting, strategies and general communication amongst the company.
- Create, Develop and Maintain opportunity plans for all major accounts, as directed.
- Measurement and review with Sales Manager monthly/yearly verses plans.
- Develop a focused approach to training.
- Maintain on-going product development training
- Regular contact with all accounts in assigned territory.
- Travel for trade shows, cross selling or training as directed.
- Cross promote products & services from other H-E Parts International divisions.
- Ensuring proper use of company resources involved with selling. Some of these are; SalesForce, SAP, Entertainment expenses, company intellectual property.
- Customer service meetings – be involved in reviewing backorder listing, actions plans and managing follow-up.
- Pricing management – report, establish and managing pricing strategies to achieve & exceed planned budget gross margin targets.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Knowledge of Heavy Equipment in Mining, Construction, and Forestry is required
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Embraces the use of technology and metrics in sales processes.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products including Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, and current technology such as Social Media, Laptops, Tablets and smartphones is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience with CRM (Salesforce preferred) and ERP systems
- Current Driver’s license in good standing.
- A valid Passport
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Sales, Engineering or Heavy Equipment Trades
- Experience in selling to BC Mining Sites is preferred.