The utility shop handler is a support role for the entire Hibbing facility with the main focus on assisting the rebuild shop projects and work load.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, Mining Solutions employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, Mining Solutions employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Work with Rebuild Shop Manager for prioritized list of upcoming work and where the parts / materials are needed for Work In Process (WIP).
- Review daily scheduled components on shop schedule to identify and anticipate part needs.
- Assist in identifying required parts in order to be full kit for upcoming builds.
- Coordinate with warehouse group as required to assist in filling part needs for weld, machining or build work.
- Keep a daily log of part and material movements.
- Locate materials, parts or supplies and distribute them to appropriate location.
- Responsibilities may include uncrating / unpacking prepped components from shipping containers, pallets, etc. prior to staging WIP.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Performs daily check and fill of facility PPE distribution locations (safety glasses, hearing protections, high visibility vests).
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Performs safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes and lifting devices.
- Perform cleaning and/or prepping of parts and component sfor rebuilding as needed to support shop operations.
- Prepare parts and components for sandblast and paint.
- Paint components as needed to support shop schedule.
- Assists when needed with other miscellaneous needs including but not limited to saw material movement / operation, shop waste removal, shop area organization, special projects, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Scheduling, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Process Improvement, Safety Management, Inventory Control, Lifting, Data Entry Skills
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
At least one year of work experience or equivalent education in a manufacturing or industrial setting preferred.
Ability to lift up to 50# is required.