The utility warehouse handler is a support role for the warehouse and the entire Hibbing facility with a direct reporting and scheduling through the warehouse manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Help Co-workers with projects and tasks and comprehend instructions while working in the parts yard and warehouse.
- Navigate a computer inventory system and print reports and sales orders as needed.
- Load and Unload trucks and receive & receipt parts from inventory.
- Package UPS and truck shipments to minimize the risk of loss and damage during transit.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Build crates and pallets to protect part and components for orders and stock.
- Assist in identifying required parts in order to be full kit for upcoming builds.
- Keep a daily log of part and material movements.
- Locate materials, parts or supplies and distribute them to appropriate location.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Performs safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes and lifting devices.
- Perform cleaning and/or prepping of parts and components for rebuilding as needed to support shop operations.
- Prepare parts and components for sandblast and paint.
- Paint components as needed to support sales delivery schedule.
- Assists when needed with other miscellaneous needs including but not limited to saw material movement / operation, shop/warehouse waste removal, shop/warehouse area organization, special projects, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Scheduling, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Process Improvement, Safety Management, Inventory Control, Lifting, Data Entry Skills
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
At least one year of work experience or equivalent education in a manufacturing or industrial setting preferred.
Ability to lift up to 50# is required.