POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates and directs the activities of the specified department to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Inspects product to verify production specifications are met.
- Effectively manages and assigns labor to complete production schedules as efficiently as possible.
- Develop and plan jobs by setting priority and assigning appropriate skill level to implement the processes to produce a quality product on spec and on-time.
- Establish maintenance requirements for equipment and facility to ensure timely maintenance are performed and proper records maintained.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, equipment performance, and quality of product and reduce product loss and suggests change in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for the Manufacturing Manager.
- Monitor and control machining & tooling costs and to work within the approved budget.
- Responsibility to ensure that assigned areas in the Plant are always kept clean, tidy, all items or equipment are safely stored, and that everyone working under your supervision adheres to cleanliness standards.
- Responsible to train and supervise 8 – 10 employees in assigned department
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations and good manufacturing practices.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assist workers in solving work problems and initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- As a supervisor, you are required to ensure that all personnel working under your supervision adhere and fully comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- You are responsible to administer performance management, progressive discipline and attendance tracking systems.
- You are required to plan and execute all training required to enhance the skills and competency of all employees under your supervision and in particular to ensure that all personnel performing machining are properly trained, certified and meet the necessary quality standards.
- Provide leadership for safety, loss prevention and cost reduction activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in shop management
- A certificate from an accredited technical school and two years' experience; or equivalent education and experience.
- Work related experience must consist of hands-on Machinist/Mechanic or Welder work.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.